After lots of demos leveraging the TFS 2008 VirtualPC (VPC) trial instance released last April, I decided it was time to clean out the garbage and start from scratch. I realized, however, a lot had changed in those few short months. Now, this will be moot for this image on 12/31/2008 when it expires (and I hope replaced...please?) but here are the steps I followed (still a lot easier than starting from scratch):
- Update/upgrade Virtual PC client software to SP1.
- Apply TFS 2008 SP1
- Apply TSWA 2008 SP1 (uninstall TSWA 2008 first)
- Apply TFS Power Tools October 2008 (uninstall Dec 2007 first)
- Apply any custom process templates: Scrum for Team System 2.2
- Install the latest FxCop (v1.36) to %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxCop