I finally found some time to get rolling on VSTS/TFS 2010 and wanted to share how I kitted out my environment. Somewhat related, fantastic overview on where to start.
- Started with my Windows 2008 Server VPC
- Installed and configured IIS 7
- Downloaded and installed the SQL Server 2008 180-day Trial
- Configured SQL Server 2008 and SSRS, SSAS
- Turned off IE Enhanced Security for Administrators
- Under Win7 Beta1 (my host OS), I have a jerky mouse on the VPC. Unfortunately, the Change settings button under the Troubleshoot tab of my display driver is disabled under 64-bit :( Otherwise, I would enable the hardware acceleration recommendation. It's slightly better under full-screen.
- Downloaded and installed Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v3.0.
- Downloaded and installed TFS 2010 Beta 1 following the instructions to the letter.
- Downloaded and installed VSTS 2010 Beta 1.