We finally got the RTM bits and I'm upgrading now. My steps:
- Follow the uninstall steps to the letter. Get rid of all that old stuff!
- Backup your existing TFS databases.
- Kick off the TFS 2008 installation and follow instructions
- Install everything else you need: Build, Proxy, Explorer, etc. Oddly, the installation utility must be re-executed and these services installed individually.
- Execute the TFS Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) found within the TFS 2008 Power Tools.
(Good how to here on BPA from Richard Hundhausen.)
- Resolve issues discovered with the BPA tool.
Had some red flags with the Best Practices Analyzer but they were easily fixed. BPA is a great tool (check out this tool for other products as well: Sharepoint, SQL Server).